Beginners Guide to UV-DTF
UV-DTF has taken the crafting industry by storm and we can completely see why! It’s easy, quick and super efficient if you’re short on time. There’s no weeding, no hassle with thin fonts… It’s a GAME CHANGER especially for newbies to the crafting and vinyl creating world!
UV-DTF stands for Ultra Violet, Direct to Film.
These transfers work very similar to permanent vinyl and can be used on a wide variety of hard products and blanks, including plastic, glass, ceramic, wood, metals, and even success with application of them on PU leather.
Not all UV-DTF films are created equal, there are a lot of cheap products on the market that simply do not apply properly and are not at a high standard.
- Ensure that your surface/substrate is clean, dry and free from any dirt.
- Use a squeegee over both the front & back of the design to ensure that the design is ready to be peeled.
- Gently, slowly peel back the clear film (this should now have your design on)
- Apply your design to the substrate in the desired position. Please ensure that you are happy with the placement before applying as they cannot be repositioned.
- Gently, slowly peel away the clear carrier film.
KEEP IN MIND:
- Whilst the designs are incredibly hard wearing and scratch proof, we would not advise that they are dishwasher safe.
- We advise that you wait a minimum of 24h to 48 hours for the designs to cure before washing.