Working with Siser Holographic
Holographic HTV creates a multi-dimensional effect, taking your design to a whole new level. It can be cut to look excactly like rhinestones without the hassle!
The Holographic line features 19 dazzling colors + 2 translucent colors: Rainbow Pearl and Spectrum give your designs an opalescent finish that changes depending on the colour of the garment.
It can be applied to 100% Cotton, 100% Polyester and Poly/cotton blends.
CRAFT CUTTER SETTINGS
Blade Setting: Standard,3
Blade: Standard 2
Cut Speed: 1
Cut Pressure: 3
* Settings may vary based on blade condition and age of the machine. Always perform a test cut prior to cutting designs
1. Mirror cut the design and weed excess material
2. Place the garment on a hard, flat surface (ironing board not recommended)
3. Set home iron to cotton setting. No steam
4. Preheat the fabrics for 5 seconds to remove moisture and wrinkles
5. Press iron firmly for 10 seconds on entire design. For large designs, press 10 seconds each section
6. Peel away the clear polyester carrier cold
7. Cover with parchment paper and slightly move the iron throughout the entire design for 15 seconds
8. Allow 24 hours before first wash
1. Mirror cut the design
2. Weed excess material
3. Place the design on the garment
4. Apply design at 160°C for 15-20 seconds (medium pressure)
5. Peel carrier cold
TIPS AND TRICKS
1) A CLEAN CUT
Just like Glitter and Stripflock Pro, Holographic needs a longer blade depht and heavier pressure when cutting. The blade needs to be able to pierce the material to form clean cut lines. Without good cut lines the material can split into 2 layers while weeding.
2) VISIBLE CUT LINES
If you can’t see cut lines after unloading the mat, you’re likely to run into the problem we discussed above. Cut lines can be difficult to see, but if you shift and bend the material in good lighting they become noticeable.
If you can see cut lines on the face of the material then your blade was deep enough to get a good cut.
3) HOLOGRAPCHIC ≠ P.S. FILM – EASYWEED
With P.S. Film -EasyWeed, we recommend to snag a corner with weeder and pull the excess material until it either stretches and breaks or follow it throughout the design in 1 big piece.
Since Holographic is thicker and more rigid, we recommend to poke the weeder in the corner and roll the tool back to begin removing excess material. Once the corner is lifted, slide the weeder underneath the edge. This allows you to get a hold a large section of material and peel it away easily.
4) APPLY HOT, PEEL COLD
When it comes to heat applying Holographic, the rules are pretty simple. Apply hot and wait until the carrier is cold before peeling it away. To speed up the cooling process, rub the garment on a table or glass window to dissipate the heat.